Saturday, April 21, 2012

We live!

We are alive and well! I have been "yelled" at by several friends for not updating my blog more often!! I apologize, but we have been super busy!
Since I was last here (I think), I have since started working part-time, and focusing on my photography! I am so excited that my dream is slowly, but surely coming true. I also, although I was VERY nervous that it wasn't cut out for me, am REALLY enjoying my 2 days a week with Eli and Izaak. We go out for lunches, we have been to the childrens museum a lot (I bought a membership, because the first day I took the boys and we spend almost 6 hours there and they LOVED it.....so I decided it was well worth the membership), we have been to the zoo, and we go to the mall a lot and ride the train......all kinds of fun stuff.
The boys are a blast. Eli is 3 and Izaak will be 2 in a week.  Someone once told me that God never gives you 2 alike, and boy o boy were they right. My 2 boys are so incredibly different its insane. I call Eli, "Nancy" because he is beyond sensitive. I call Izaak "Billy" (for Billy bad ass) because he is so hardcore..such an independent, tough, rotten, but adorable little man. Eli is a big rule follower and very nervous if he thinks that he has done something wrong or something that will disappoint me, but at the same time he is very stubborn. Do not get me wrong, he has his moments where he becomes a boy and doesn't give too poos about what he is doing or how it is going to effect anyone, but I would say 8.5 times out of 10 he is a pleaser. He is constantly telling Izaak how proud he is of him. Everything Izaak does, soon after you hear a "I am so proud of you Igggick. I am so proud. You are so great!" They really are the best of friends and it melts my heart. The last 2 years have been a rocky, rocky road, and I never looked ahead far enough to envision my boys being such great friends, and such a fun little crew to hang out with  :). We have a ton of fun.  :)

Here are a few pictures and I hope to be back soon with more of a specific update! :)

The boys favorite thing to do right now is feed the fish. We MUST have the green chairs and a LOT of bread to feed the fish. Its so fun :)


Coloring Easter eggs. Eli loved it. Izaak not so much. He didn't understand why he couldn't eat the eggs or drink the dye.

my boys and their dog. Izaak reaaaally loves Bruiser.

about the only decent pictures I got of the boys on easter. they spent the morning with their dad, so when they got home they were not interested in a camera in their face :)

elis birthday. yes, that was February 5th. Sorry I stink!

my sister took about 15 pictures of the boys and I and didn't get one where we are all looking and smiling. :) Happy St. Patricks day!


Goddards Easter Egg Hunt!


a day at Grandpa Pettys farm. The boys LOVE it there!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment