Monday, April 20, 2009

"A Cousins Tribute"



My 15 year old cousin Hannah wrote this poem about Bryce for her Speech class. Her teacher liked it so much that she made her read it again to another class of her peers. She since posted it on Facebook and I got to read it. I must say....I knew Hannah was an amazing writer. . .but this tops it--hands down.


Hannah is very, very talented in music, writing songs, playing anything by ear, an amazing singer (who made the Gospel choir at NC for next year!!!!!) and her list goes on. She is going to make lots of money one day...but for now is making us so incredibly proud, and providing us with endless entertainment of her talents.


Please enjoy...but I'll warn you, its very sad...and made me cry. Gooood tears though. Bryce would be so incredibly proud....


*and note she said it touched 40 people.....I'm thinking there will be a lot more than 40 people influenced by this poem :)


I wrote this for my cousin Bryce... and i actually made my teacher cry in the middle of it. She asked me to perform it in another class of just random people. This poem touched 40 lives. i believe Bryce helped me write this...and i know he was looking down on me when i performed it.


It was a hot June sunny day
A door broke open, threw the dreams away
And God forbid, I don’t know what to say
And the pain I’ve been through every day.

I can’t imagine you’re really gone
From a man who doesn’t know what he has done?
From a family who has held on oh so strong
All for one and one for all.

All the happiness, all the pride
Has all turned up, twisted bones and spine
And all we do now is sit down and cry.
All we could do is just say goodbye.

It wasn’t your fault, don’t get me wrong
Now you’re in the ground, where you don’t belong.
And I love to be happy, but I’m still singing the sad song.
About you, Bryce, Why did you have to die so young?

I will never forget that bright summer day
Where one man’s decision threw your life away.
Where he was drugged, under achieved.

Who knew this is how your life should be,
I remember placing a hand on your head.
While you lay there silent, all cold and dead.
In the white chapel, white casket and pews.
I still can’t believe the one who died was you.

I remember singing an old gospel hymn
And now my life is dreary, all cold and dim
I believe “ Only the good die young”
We’re still all for one and one for all.

I am sitting here thinking ‘Why are you gone?
Why have you gone away?
Why can’t you save my heart anymore?
On this very tragic day?

One night you answered in my dreams
At the foot of my bed.
“Hannah it’s okay I’m here.” you said
And carefully touched my head.

I think about you every day.
Everyday of the year
And if I start crying because you are gone
Wipe away my tears.

I know you’re looking down on me
Through good times and bad
And I am smiling at the sun
You are the best that I’ve ever had.

awesome job Hannah Banana :) Love you!!!

[[pictures of morgans prom coming soon! :)]]

xoxoxo
Tay