Thursday, January 21, 2010

f.a.m.i.l.y.

Disclaimer:I am about to be a bit outspoken on some "issues" I'm having with life/family/situations. If you are sensitive....don't read it. or do. do whatever you want :) Just don't say I didn't warn you!

I found several definitions of family, but this one was my favorite....

fam·i·ly (fm-l, fml)
n. pl. fam·i·lies
Two or more people who share goals and values, have long-term commitments to one another, and reside usually in the same dwelling place.

We have had some happenings with our (extended) family, on both sides actually. Its fine...its going to be fine...everyone is alive and well. The issues at hand are irrelevant, so no need for freak out. But because of what has been happening, it seems that some of our "family" members have decided to show their ass...as I like to say...some of you may like to say "true colors." Whatever you want to call it, it is sad and frustrating. I have so many thoughts on this that I have been thinking about...contemplating...praying about...talking about...etc. (you get my point) I won't REALLY tell you how I feel, and I won't "name-drop" the people I'm upset with. But I know a lot of people I love and care about, and call my family follow my blog---so please read, read again, and re-read again the definition I have placed above for family.
Family is 2 or more people who share goals and values, AND have LONG TERM COMMITMENTS TO ONE ANOTHER.

How can you leave someone in a time of need? YES, everyone handles things differently. Respect that. Everyone sees things in a different light. Respect that. Everyone FEELS events/things differently. Respect that. Everyone takes thing at a different pace. Respect that. But how can you leave them to figure things out on their own, when they obviously need your love and support?? You don't have to pity them or dig them out of a hole they are in, just support them, LOVE them.

When my family got into the accident 7 years ago, some ran to the hospital to see Dad and Morgan and to morn the death of Bryce, some stayed away. Some called, some didn't. Some wrote, and sent letters and cards.. All of this is ok. But I can't tell you one person that shunned us,. Why? Because we are family.Everyone feels things different. Everyone takes things in different strides. But I can tell you no one left us in the dark. No one said anything bad about us.
Sorry if you are reading this and taking it personally, but you know me and I'm not one to hold much back. Don't leave your family behind. It is not ok.

How can you judge someone for something, when you have your own skeletons?
What right do you have?
Are you perfect? (i'm pretty sure you aren't even close)
Who left you, when you made a mistake or when something negative happened in your life? I'm pretty sure no one did.

WE are FAMILY, and I'm pretty sure we should have LONG-TERM commitments to each other...hence the definition.

xoxo
Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment