Thursday, January 14, 2010

Help! Temper Issues!

Someone has stolen my precious, precious son....at least when he is in my care. (no one really stole him, relax) But the sweet boy who started kissing and hugging me a few months ago, now hits me, kicks, screams, and throws tantrums that I thought weren't suppose to come until he was 2ish, he is 11 months old!!!! He gets so mad and frustrated and is so mean to me. He ON RARE occassion will hit my mom, or Zachs mom if he is mad...but mostly its just me. I picked him up at the babysitter last week and went to sit him down so I could get his things ready and he kicked and screamed like I had pinched his face or something. I asked her (the awesome babysitter) "Did he do this for you today? He's been doing this all the time for me and its driving me insane" and she laughed and said "he didnt fuss once today." And I'm all...GREAT, glad he hates me. If I get up and walk 5 feet away, he SCREAMS. He will just sit in the same spot and scream and cry as if I am never coming back...that he will never see me again. Flattering, yes...frustrating...even more of a yes. I am sure that when he is older and won't even want to spend anytime with me, I will miss the days that he cries when I get up because my legs are asleep from sitting with him on the floor for 2 hours and not moving...but for now, I'm at a loss. I have started just letting him cry, and for 2 reasons. #1.He needs to know I am coming back, and I will not leave him. Also he needs to know, although I adore him, he isn't the ONLY person/thing in the house. Eli, if you want to have something to wear outside in 2 degree weather, you need to let me get up and start a load of laundry. and #2 When little brother comes, I dont want Eli to think that I am leaving him or walking away just for baby, as though the baby is more important. I feel like its important for me to start that now, so he doesn't feel rejected or replaced by Little Brother.


Sooooo. I am not sure what this is about...but I am praying that it fades before the new baby comes. I am *hoping* (dreaming, praying, whatever) that this is Gods way of making sure that he is getting through this stage before the new baby comes.


Any suggestions? Anyone....?
Who MEEEEE???
but i'm so cute

xoxo
Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment