Sunday, August 8, 2010

update......

So. I am beyond exhausted. Izaak won't sleep, because apparently he A.. hates me or B. thinks i'm awesome and wants to spend more time with me at 1:30 and 3:30am...then again at 6am. I would love to think its choice B. But I'm just now so sure! ;)
And as a lot of you know Eli has been extremely sick. It started all the way back in March. . .when they said he has pneumonia, but then they said it was some wicked virus, that "looked like" pneumonia. Then he was diagnosed again in April with it, then again at the first of July and now AGAIN. There is clearly a reason that this little boy is being diagnosed with the same illness over and over again, and I need an answer.
Sunday Eli came down with a bad cold....nasty green snot...yeah. . .we talked about on a previous post. Tuesday the fever started....it was I think around 104. So on Wednesday morning around 5am I called the Dr. on call and said..."How high is too high?" So we talked...and decided he needed to be seen, so I waited until 8am and they squeezed him into a time slot with a Dr in the practice that we had never seen. [[MISTAKE]] And in the meantime, Eli decided he was going to start throwing up. :( This Dr. was too busy, and was rushing us out the door (after Eli and I waited in the room for just under an hour....Thank God for Blackberries, youtube.com and ELMO). The Dr. didn't want a chest xray, b/c he said he didn't hear anything in Eli's lungs. BUT he still called it sinusitus and pneumonia, called in a script, and sent us on our way. I was ignored, and angry when I left. He did not understand the severity of the situation. If I was in their office every 3 weeks or so, they would have drawn my blood. Why were they not caring about my baby. So frustrating. He looked at me and said "Well if he isn't better by, lets say Saturday, then we will do some tests. " and I responded with "If I haven't found a different Dr. by then. This is ludocris."
We got home, and he was pitiful. It got to the point where he couldn't sit, talk, move, open his eyes. He was puking while laying down. It was the most horrible sight you have ever seen in your life. I just cried. I couldn't do much because my parents were at Freshman Orientation with Payton and I needed them to watch Izaak. I called the Dr. on call told her he had a fever of 104.5, and told her I was taking him and that she needed to come up with some answers or some demands for this ER Dr, bc I wasn't gettin gany help. So once my parents got home we headed out the door. My dad came with us, because someone made another choice to not come. . .and I needed help, and moral support with such a sick Eli. (Remember my post no more anger...you can throw it out the window, this week. Because i'm pissed. You can do all you want to hurt me, but you don't do it to my boys.period.) So my dad and I took him to the ER and although it was an ok trip, and he was feeling better by the time we left, we still didn't get many answers. They drew his blood, and did a blood culture, and all we got back was that he had high white blood count.(which means he has an infection).....then today we found out the culture came back negative, which is good. When we left the ER Dr. said the pediatrician said to call them in the morning and make an appt. OK. We left and got home at 2am.
Thank GOD my mother slept with Izaak that night, I got a solid 4 hours that night.
Woke up Thursday...called the Dr.and got in that morning. The Dr. we saw was actually my pediatrician when I was younger. She is amazing, but I am not the only one who thinks so, which is why she is soooo difficult to get into. But I felt like Eli and I were the only people alive when she was talking to us. She wanted to know everything I could tell her. She actually cared. She was very througho in examining him and asking questions, and showing me his xrays and what was what. We also made the decision to draw his blood next week when he is feeling better. She ran a few more tests, trying to figure some things out...so I'm waiting to hear those results. That evening he woke up from a nap and had a fever of 105.4 and had puked in his bed. The Dr. said if he puked one more time that I was to call her and she would prescribe a medicine for him (zofran) to make him stop puking. So I called the Dr. on call and I was talking to her Eli decided it would be the perfect time to PROJECTILE vomit allll over me, and him. So....covered in puke, Eli comes first, and I gave him a bath. Got his temp down to 102.8...progress. The lowest number in days.
Friday I went to work, for a half day. I had things I needed to do, so I had the half day planned...but it ended up being spent with my boys. (which is the best half day ever) Eli was better, he was eating, he was interacting. He would still have to stop and rest for a few minutes/hour at a time, but he was perking up for sure. Then all of the sudden at like 9pm he went downhill and FAST.
This morning Payton, Eli and myself were all laying in bed...watching cartoons and Eli just started vomiting again. I freaked, called the Dr. office, they asked the usual questions...and called back telling me to take him to the childrens hospital (not the same one from wednesday) so we did that. We had a great experience there. I was pleased with the staff and the help and attention that we got. They finally ordered a chest xray and found out it was full blown pneumonia. He is a great drinker, and has been staying hydrated..having wet diapers, not eating, but definitely getting fluids, and his stats were good, so after 5 hours of being there, we left. He had to have a few xrays, he had to have several shots in each leg of antibiotic and they gave us a script for another one...b/c obviously the one he is on isn't working. (mom went with me and eli today. thank goodness.)
We talked to the ER Dr. about what could possibly be causing him to get this all the time. The kid is always sick. There is always something wrong with him, and it doesn't make sense. Eli has a lot of the same symptoms of a few troubling diseases, so I am hoping we can get some answers soon so IF it is one of these things we can figure it out and make a plan of attack. Only the best for my little man.

Ok...so here are some camera phone pictures from his visits. You know I photo-document everything. and I didn't proofread this...so excuse any errors and i'm sure I left things out, its been a looooong week!! xoxo

Most of these are from Wednesday night. Except for the wagon picture...those were from today.
pitiful little baby.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Motrin kicked in and he got crazy!
Photobucket

I bought Eli an Elmo DVD and Elmo washes his hands in it, so now all Eli wants to do is wash his hands.
Photobucket

Eli with his Poppie. So thankful for my amazing parents.
Photobucket

Hilarious picture. hahahahaha. He wanted this gown off so bad, he was begging my dad. But it looks like hes flashing him!
Photobucket

perking up a bit, and "coloring" in my calendar with my pen.
Photobucket

Today..trying to break the fever.
Photobucket

Leaving the hospital....hoping we don't have to ever come back.
Photobucket


Thanks for all of your prayers! And respect and love to all single mamas. You never know what its like until you are there. And I am there....and its the most difficult thing ever. (thank god for my parents and sisters....and grandparents!!) I hope one day my boys know how hard I fought for them, how much I love them, and how important they are to me. I will do it all, if I have to, until the day I die. I love these boys, more than life itself.
xoxo

Vote for "OuR LiFe..." :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment