Wednesday, July 29, 2009

[[two totally different worlds]]

I definitely experienced 2 totally different events in the last couple of days.......

So a few weeks ago Zach said "What do you want to do for your birthday?" and I said "I dont know, I didn't know you did anything fun when you turn 26 and have a baby." Zachs reply, "Lets go to Kings Island." my reply "I want to go to Brickyard." He about fell out of his chair. hahahaha. He never thought I would want to go to a NASCAR race?!?! HA!
Rewind....when Zach and I first starting dating I went to his parents house to watch a Colts game and Zach's dad said "Taylor, you watch NASCAR?" I said "No." He said, " Well you will now." hahaha. And he wasn't lying. I really started to grow fond of it, never in a million years thought I would.
So Sunday we took the trip to the Speedway with our mini grill, lots of food, our corn hole boards, and our fun faces on. That was DEFINITELY a cultural experience....let me tellll you. But it was so fun, perfect weather, perfect friends....sooo much fun.

Then a few months ago Morgan text me from school
and said "GUESS WHAT?"
"what?" I was changing a diaper.....I will never forget this conversation.
"john legend is coming to town with INDIA.ARIE, the day before your birthday...I smell a present!"
I cried. I seriously cried, while changing a diaper.
India Arie is my most FAVORITE musical artist ever. She is very spiritual and uplifting. I found COMPLETELY AND TOTAL comfort in her music after Bryce died, and when I was pregnant, going through a lot of stuff. (and thanks to India's music, a lot of people have no idea how difficult Bryces death was for me, b/c I was putting on a smile and trying to take care of others) Her music is absolutely amazing, and I have always wanted to see her in concert, but she NEVER tours around here. The closest she has ever been was like Alabama and I seriously considered it, but something came up. She also usually only does like small venues by herself. So when Morgan told me she was coming I thought the world was going to explode. hahahaha.
I know it sounds silly to most of you, I'm sure. But there has to be something in your life that makes you feel so much better about yourself and certain situations whether it be music, beer, video games, talking walks, riding bikes, whatever. Well....obviously mine is popping in an India CD and just losing myself in her music.
Last night was amazing, she exceeded my expectations and was AMAZING live. AMAZING. I can't get over it, and still can't believe I saw her in concert. Ok...so I'm done beaming about this, b/c I'm sure you don't care. hahahaha.
oh yeah...and John Legend was the head-liner of the show. He put on a great show too...but I can now die a happy happy woman b/c I finally got to see my India.Arie LIVE!

Here are some pictures from the Brickyard and the concert. I have a video of Eli trying to crawl and of India performing, I will try to upload them and get them on here soon! :)

grilling out!
Photobucket

me and amanda!

Photobucket
me and z
Photobucket

Photobucket

Daniel in his cool shades
Photobucket

we walked over and hung out with the Lermans for a while. so fun.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Chris and Ben and their friends.
Photobucket

in our seats!! :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Leaving!
Photobucket

Photobucket


India.and John

I don't think i stopped smiling until I went to sleep! This was us before we left!
Photobucket

speechless. for the first time in a long time i was actually speechless.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

India has a song called "I am not my Hair" and its all about how when she was little how she had bad hair and everyone gave her a hard time, but she didn't care b/c her hair didn't make her who she was. . . . .she took off a huge long wig of dreadlocks she had on, and showed her real 'hair'
Lyrics..."I am not my hair.I am not this skin.I am not your expectations no. no.I am not my hair.I am not this skin.I am a soul that lives within"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

John Legend...little yet very very mighty. He came out singing at the end of our isle. pretty awesome. pretty cute.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
india came out to singint with him.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


and I will leave you with a random photo shoot me and eli had yesterday! :)

huge blanket. toys galore (which you cant see b/c a bunch are underneath his outfit. but whatever. besides the point. . . . so much to do...but where is the babyyy?
Photobucket

over here off the blanket, playing with the couch. seriously kid?!
Photobucket
he's getting so big, and trying to crawl :( wheres my little man?!
Photobucket

he's getting the hang of the camera I think. Everytime I would point it at him yesterday, he would laugh or smile. and don't mind lilly. she and eli are best friends and she wanted in the picture too.
Photobucket

cracking up.
Photobucket

love this picture.
Photobucket

the scene everyday when Zach gets home from work. so funny. notice how eli is squeezing his face.
Photobucket

this ones for the fridge.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Birthday dinner at mom and dads tonight....then headed out of town on sunday for my first (mini) vacation in 6 years. Mom, Nana, Aunt Kari and cousins are going to Michigan for the week. soooooo excited to get away. :)

xoxo
Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment