Sunday, July 11, 2010

breathe in...breathe out

So in a previous post ouchies I mentioned Eli having an accident and having a serious "boo boo" "ouchie" whatever you want to call it. I also explained what we were doing before this....getting ready for the Dr. because of the coughing fits.
So rewind to now. I called the Dr this week demanding an answer. I was growing way impatient and very frustrated because I was getting no answers and horrible restless nights with both babies. Izaak because he's a newborn and Eli because he coughs his face off all night. And with me going back to work last week....you can count on me being EXTREMELY exhausted and grouchy and emotional.
So...the nurse called me back with some answers, followed by questions from me, followed by another phone call and a possible solution...Breathing Treatments.They are kind of playing the guessing game with him. They have had him on 2 antibiotics...so annoying...because all they do is give him diarrhea and a chapped ass. It's awful. AWFUL. Just take my word for it, because I know I post pictures of everything, but this one is not appropriate to post. hehe.
We have been doing the treatments since Wednesday and it has seemed to help his sleeping a tremendous amount. The coughing was awful at night. He would be up 5-10 times a night coughing, puking on himself, crying, not able to catch his breath. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night were almost perfect. Friday I think he woke up 1 time...otherwise the coughing doesn't start until early morning (6am-ish) and I get it controlled and he's fine. So I hope, even though its frustrating and hard to get Eli to understand he has to sit still for the breathing treatment, that it is the problem solved. I hope. We go to the Dr. on Wednesday for a follow up. He is too young to test for Asthma, they won't do it until he is 4. So we have a long road ahead, I'm afraid. But it could definitely be worse!!! So hopefully this is all it'll take!

Because Eli is the busiest child known to mankind it is nearly impossible to sit him down to do this breathing treatment. The pharmacist told me to make a game of it. So we have tried. He said as long as the abuteral (the steroid that he is basically inhaling) makes it into his system, we are good. Eli has a fascination with buttons, so I let him turn the machine on and off (which he does about 25 times during the treatment) and he will NOT let YOU put the mask on his face, he just HAS to do it himself. (how dare me even try?!! haha!) So he holds it on for about 20 seconds then takes it off and turns it off and this goes on for like 15 minutes, but whatever. They also have a bigger mask for older kids that straps on the face, and this is also how we get him to hold his mask up to him. Its hilarious. Enjoy the pictures and positive thoughts our way would be FANTASTIC!! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aunt "HEEEYYYYYTOOOOONNN" is such an awesome helper :) So funny. And Eli will do anything she does, or asks him to do. Love this girl.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

xoxo


 Vote for "OuR LiFe..." :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment