Wednesday, September 10, 2008

AngryFace

Ok. So...this has nothing to do with anything I ever care or complain about. But for some reason its just eating at me and I want to write/rant/be pissed about it.

And please know before going on that I have NEVER given 2 poos about politics and I have never voted. History and things of that nature have always bored me, and have never held my interest. Yes, I have been yelled at about this, but its something I never cared about. However, I will vote this year. I am 25 years old, I am going to be a mom, and I am/will witness/ing the most amazing, monumental election of my lifetime. I have always asked...what does my vote really do? Does it really matter? This year, I dont really care if it does count, but in my head I will know that I put one vote in for something I believe in.

Now..having said that.....I will move on to my topic! :)

I dont know if its b/c I was raised in a house where dad was black and mom was white and we were not to judge people for any reason, or if its just the way I am. But I can NOT stand it when people are judgemental about certain situations. I understand that everyone passes some sort of judgement on others for one reason or another, but I feel so strongly about this I am going to tell you. :)Does this surprise you? I just feel like there are certain things we should keep our noses out of and this is one....

So everyday I get to work and pull up the internet and the home page is http://www.aol.com/ There are always news feeds, and I always look through them to see if there is anything fun, sad, crazy, whatever. I am kind of obsessed with the news. So yesterday I pull it up and the first thing I see is a picture of the new VP candidate Sarah Palin, and a quote underneath it that said "Sarah Palin,Praying away the Gay." I mean, are you serious? Honestly? OK....immediately I click on it and become angry.http://www.aolrewind.com/?feature=165935&ncid=aolnws00150000000002&icid=100214839x1208989049x1200534397



Some of the most best friends I made in college were gay, and they even so confirmed my belief that they are born this way. A person is a person, no matter who they chose to love. PERIOD. Who are we to judge them? Do you honestly think that they would CHOOSE to live a lifestyle where they are CONSTANTLY criticized and treated horribly for who they love? Really? And more importantly, do you hoenstly think you can pray them to feel otherwise? Seriously? EVEN IF, by chance they are not born this way, and choose this life, who in the hell are we to say they aren't allowed to love a person of the same sex?? Why on earth should we care? Oh..it just makes me so angry. (same thing with people against interracial relationships. how about you marry who you want to marry and stay out of others peoples business?.) If Sarah Palin doesnt want people to judge her b/c her 17 year old daughter is pregnant, or b/c she chose to have a child at an older age, that resulted in him having Down Syndrome (which there is nothing wrong with either, we are all human),then she should probably shut her mouth. (my opinion) *newsflash* She is not perfect. Her family is not perfect. She should not act as if she is perfection, by trying to "pray away the gay." Furious. It is perfectly ok to disagree with the lifestyle. I dont agree with a lot of things, but its the way life is. Its how the world works. This place would be awfully boring if everyone looked, talked, and walked the same way, dont you think?

Everyday I watch the Ellen DeGeneres show. She is what helps me get through my days...if I don't catch her at 11, I watch her when I get home from work on my DVR. She was just recently married, and yesterda she had footage and pictures from her wedding. I cried. (I'm hormonal!) I just think that its so awesome they are allowed to make their love legal. If they were in a car accident and Ellen knew that Portia (her wifey) didn't or did want to be resuscitated, now she has the legal right to make that decision, when before she didn't. They have been together for a long time and Ellen wanted to be able to take care of her for the rest of her life, if something happened to her. Its not about being pissy b/c they dont have the same rights as heterosexuals, its about having legal rights to each other and their lives. Its about saying, I love this person so much I just vowed to spend the rest of my life with them. Who are we to judge. Love is love, no matter who you direct it towards. I dont understand why people dont see this. I can't IMAGINE what would happen if they wouldn't let my parents get married just b/c dad is black and mom is white.

We are fighting a stupid ass war. People are dying everyday, everywhere. There was a man beaten to death and put in a trashcan in someones backyard this week in Indy. There are children abducted on a daily basis. There are kids who don't have coats in the winter time. There are people that don't have heat in the winter time. There are children that are beaten everyday. There are kids that dont have money to eat lunch at school everyday. There are people, still in 2008, without running water in their homes. There are people that sleep on the floor every night. There are moms that work 3 jobs and go to school full time just to have the best for their children, and it still isn't enough. I have to pay $4.00 a gallon of gas just go live, and go about my business. There are people in New Orleans that STILL dont have homes. And this woman, and soooo many others are HONESTLY worried about people loving people of the same sex? Get over yourself. Seriously. If you think homosexuals are doing something that God doesnt want them to do, then please, LET GOD DEAL WITH IT. Quit trying to play God and instead worry about what your doing in your life to try better this world.

SO yeah...thats my opinion. I know that people I love disagree with me, and thats fine. But honestly, aren't there other things to worry about? They aren't harming us in any way. And the judgment passed on them makes my heart hurt.

So thats all I have for today :) I feel better now. haha!

I hope everyone is well. We are going to the Journey concert tonight! This is the7th and last concert of the summer for us (for now). and only 5 days until we find out the sex of the baby! :) So check back Monday for an update!!! We have decided on names (at least for now). I might tell, but not yet, at least until it gets closer, b/c we are always changing our minds!

xoxo
Tay