Thursday, September 25, 2008

half.way.there!

So as of Sunday I was 20 weeks! The half way mark...and wow has it flown by! It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in the bathroom hyperventilating staring at a positive pregnancy test, and calling Steph to ask her what the hell I was supposed to do. ::smiles:: Now I'm registering for baby showers, buying the cutest little outfits and hats ever, and trying to figure out what name we want to give this little man to carry for the rest of his life. Its pretty crazy, to think that in a little more than 4 months from now I'm going to be a mom. YIKES!!!!

On Sunday, Mom, Payton, Nana and myself took a trip to Babys R Us and I registered! It was really overwhelming. (Eventually I just gave Payton the scanner-gun thingy and told her to start scanning stuff that I said I liked...or wanted..haha) Everything is just SOOOO expensive and I felt like a greeedy gal registering for some things. But mom told me it was ok, and that its normal for 4 or 5 people to go in together and buy the big things. It was also really stressful to try to find different things that I would think I/he would need...different bottles, blankets, etc. Its just really insane that 5 months or so ago I was going out every weekend with friends, and now every weekend I'm one week closer to being a mom and trying to figure out how all of this is going to work. I'm a little freaked out. But I know I'll be fine....

Stephanie is throwing me a shower on November 1st. We are calling this the "Random Shower." It will all be all my friends/their moms/stephs family that has been my family for years/my North Central family and some others. She has always wanted to throw someone a shower, and is DETERMINED that even though she will be 8 months pregnant, that she is going to throw me the best shower ever! She is crazy!! On top of all of it, she couldnt just buy regular invitations...she had to go to the scrapbook store and buy things to make her own. So on Tuesday, I figured the least I could do was help her make the invites. She is such a wonderful friend, and it is guarenteed hours of laughs when we are together. I'm very lucky :)


after we made some of the invites :)
Photobucket

the shower invites....made from scratch!
pretty nifty if i do say so myself. that steph is just so crafty!
Photobucket
Little man has been kicking away, and is so kind to be laying on my syatic nerve (i dont know if i'm spelling that right, but I think you get my point.) and that is sending some nasty pains shooting down my butt and thighs. So that has been rather annoying. Sleeping it getting uncomfortable too. But other than that I'm great :) I love it when he kicks..I talk to him. Even though he is nameless. :) There is a name that I am pretty sure we have decided on, but sometimes I just don't know! I think we need to have a couple and when he joins this crazy world, we will decide then! WHO KNOWS! :) 9 months is tooooo long of a time for Zach and I to decide something and actually stick with it....

I hope everyone is well!

xoxo
Tay