Thursday, November 6, 2008

"too manys too muchies"

I feel like I have sooo much to post! Goodness. I will attempt to make it as brief as possible.


***I can't believe we finally have a new president. I feel like everytime I turned on the TV for like 2 years, it was the only thing anyone was talking about. I know that a lot of people are upset about it, and others ecstatic...but tis life. But no matter if you got your way or not, don't you have to admit its pretty neat that we see the first BIRACIAL president ever? ((Yes I am irritated with a lot of people saying..."we have a black president" no you don't pimpin, you have a biracial president...his mama is as white as snow. thanks)) I mean...black people and women couldn't even vote, then we had a black/white man running for president, and a woman for vice president. Its pretty crazy. I feel like, with all of the things that have happened in my lifetime, we could write an entire history book for kids to read in school!! Its insane. I definitely wish my brother and grandpa were here to witness this.Its pretty neat to have happened in our lifetime. Now if we could just get the homophobes to stop voting against gay marriage we will be set. (you know how i feel about this...angry face...just let everyone be happy and in love, and let them get married if they want....its not our business...grrr)


***I have been feeling really awful lately. I get so dizzy and light headed so fast, and want to passout....and began wondered if I would stop fighting it and actually passout, if I would feel better. I was thinking that maybe it was just nausea coming back, but it wouldn't go away, and I didn't think it was normal to feel so yucky. So....I finally gave in and called the Doctor. They gave me all these instructions, made me go home, eat, lay on my side and count kicks. (Little man...who will be called Big Man from now on...ill tell you why in a minute...wasn't moving around as much, and that was my biggest reason for calling) So he decided to start moving more, but I was still feeling awful. So they moved my appt up to yesterday, instead of my scheduled appt next Wednesday, for a check up and some tests.

So I go in...and have to drink the nasty drink, for the glucose test (not pleasant and gave me heart burn...like everything else) in 3 minutes, or you have to have to come back, then I got to
pee in a cup (always fun to pee on your hand),
get weighed (same exact weight as a month ago...good, but weird, b/c I feel like a beached whale),
get asked "how are you doing, is the baby moving a lot" my response "yes",
take my blood pressure, which was 146/93. My Lord...not normal. " oh my, that's high." my response "yes it has been the last 3 times I've been here. After my appt was done, they made me lay on my side and they took it again and it was 126/63...which is better, but still so high for me.
Then my favorite, the nurse practitioner comes in and asks me all of these questions. Then she measures me...I am measuring at 31-32 weeks, which is fine...if you are 30 -33weeks... but I'm 27ish. So she says "oh my, baby is growing fast."
SO then we talk about my "birth plan" and all that jazz...then I tell her about a possible new job. She tells me its a bad idea. :( So upsetting. She said that with the rate the baby is growing, and with the way that I have been feeling that it would be a bad idea to commit to a new job where I would be doing more things, because I probably won't last more than 4 weeks b/c I will be miserable and she also threw out there the possibility of bed rest. She said she would be surprised if my blood work came back normal, and that with the growth of BIG MAN, I probably have Gestational Diabetes. Now I am so pissed/sad/whatever. I know its not the end of the world, but I have done everything I can to take the best care of my body that I can, and to be told that it wasn't enough or its "just how the cookie crumbles" its frustrating. I have seen women not take care of themselves and eat terribly and just not treat their bodies right, and they have been fine....grrrr! But if this is what it is, its what it is, and I will deal with it.

***New Job...shot down. An Instructional Aide at North Central was in an accident and in the hospital not able to work until at least the new year, leaving an opening for what I love most, working with the Special Education students at NC, until January, which was PERFECT. I was supposed to start in the next week or so, but if my blood work comes back as a "fail" I will probably not be able to accept it, if I should accept it at all. Its so upsetting. This job was a lot more money, and doing what I love, but if it is best for "big man" it is best for me. The doctor said that I shouldn't be walking around much or doing much of anything , if I can, and that it makes her nervous to now be in my 3rd trimester and be around students that could possibly cause harm to me. She said "some people can do it, some people can't, and you shouldn't." She said that I could try it, but wouldn't last long at all...so, yeah pretty much shot down.

***Lastly, I had my first baby shower this past weekend and it was amazing. I must say, you should be jealous your best friend isn't Stephanie. I was soooo overwhelmed (in a good way) to think that all of these amazingly kind people brought so many gifts and were so thoughtful and supportive of all of this! I haven't had a party for myself since I was like 10. I am usually the one throwing the showers, house warming parties, birthday parties, etc, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, and it was simply breathtaking. I know that it was kind of "early" to have one, at 26 weeks, as some people think, but it was very important to Steph that she do this for me, and she is due in about 4 weeks, so she wanted to make sure she got it done.
On the invitation she requested that people bring diapers to be entered in a drawing, and let me tell you...you would've thought she said if you bring diapers you can meet Brad Pitt. It was amazing. She did the calculations and said i probably got about $500 worth of diapers.
I am so thankful for everyone that came. And ridiculously appreciative of all of the gifts I received. I will blog alllll about it when I get all the pictures from Steph, and others! But thank you to everyone that came, and you have no idea how thankful I (we) am (are).

So I think thats it for now...and sorry b/c that wasn't brief at all.

xoxo
Tay