Monday, August 25, 2008

....16 weeks....

So yesterday was 16 weeks. Heres an update on the peanut! :) I can't wait to call it he or she!! 3 more weeks til we find out!!! :) SO apparently the next 3 weeks the peanut goes thru quite a growth spurt! This week its approx. 4.5 inches long and weighs about 3.5 ounces. Its eyes are moving closer to the front of the head, and the ears are moving in the right direction too!! Thank goodness for no more alien baby...its finally taking more and more of a human form!! haha. Its growing toenails too!!!:) And lastly...and the most fun thing to me is that its swallowing amniotic fluid and peeing it out....pretty funny! The kidneys are working! Yipee for that! :)

I have felt a lot more movement this weekend! :) Its pretty cool. I know its nothing compared to what I will feel....(i hear about things like jabs in the ribs and good stuff like that...) but its still so reassuring to know its in there...dropping kicking and swimming away! :) I have been feeling some stretching and pulling too of my ligaments. Its not very pleasant..but tis life I guess.

To answer questions to those of you who haven't seen me...I am not really "showing." I feel large. But b/c I'm not a small girl anyways, therefore it will probably be a while before I am really showing. Audra requested belly pictures. and I'm sorry but you probably wont be seeing any of those ever. but I will not say NEVER....never say never....but i'm going to say probably not. :)

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

xoxo
Tay