Friday, December 26, 2008

in need of gutters.......

....in my house.


So if you remember a couple of months ago, I came home to find it raining in my kitchen. http://www.taylorlynne34.blogspot.com/2008/10/rainy-day.html

That was quite an ordeal with mom and I switching off between work and meeting repair men at my house to patch the hole and fix the dry wall...and leaving a HORRIBLE dusty mess.

Well I came home on Monday after getting off work at 9pm. (I almost didn't come home, I almost went to Zachs, but decided I was too tired...and decided to go cuddle with the Pup...good thing I did) For those of you that don't know...I live in a condo.
When I arrived home there was a big truck at my neighbors house..and all I saw was the side of it that said A&D 24 Hour Emergency. I was like...hmmm...
Soooo..being the nosey gal that I am, I walked over and there was a man in the garage and I asked him what was wrong.
His response: "Well your neighbor had a pipe burst somewhere, we aren't sure where yet, and it caused her ceiling in her garage to collapse. You may want to check in your house anything along this wall here."
I responded with : "Ok, but I hope I never see you again."
We laughed, I unlocked my door...and stepped into what I would like to call the Ladson Street Creek. (i live on ladson street)
My feet were covered in water. And I immediately started crying. I can't win. Cannnnnnnot win. (and neither can my parents, b/c they have to deal with me being ridiculously emotional...) So teary eyed..I checked things out. . . and found quite a mess.
My downstairs bathroom....water. My entryway....water. My carpet....water. The HUGE closet that I have that goes underneath my stairs....water....and loooooots of it. In this closet I have everything you could imagine...and after cleaning it out found out that 1/2 of it wasn't mine. So I call my dad, bawling, explain to him what happened and walked back over next door to tell the man I was flooded. Luckily it didnt "flood" my entire downstairs..it did have a stopping point. Kind of. Once dad got there, he helped me empty out the closet into the living room and garage. (yes..my dog was going crazy. so confused to what was going on) Then the man came over to check stuff out...suck water out..and found some more water damage behind my couch. He sucked out the water the best he could and JUST as they were about to finish up my neighbor turned her water BACK ON and flooded me again. **tears**
The next day mom spent the day on the phone trying to figure out insurance and all that jazz(because my parents are the actual owners of the condo) and finally after figuring it all out the guys came back the next day, ripped out my baseboards and put out some HUGE fans to dry out the mess. . . . . please remember i cannot sit (comfortably) downstairs. . . . so manning and I have been upstairs for the last 5 days....
and the upstairs is freeeeezing because the fans are putting out warm air and sucking all of my heat from upstairs, downstairs.
Its been a stressful last few days in regards to my house...
OH I forgot to mention..while standing in water in my living room I kinda felt a little chilly and realized my furnace was broken....but I got that fixed and you dont want the whole story for that one either.

So there is the lonngest story ever. and here are some pictures.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So...yeah. I'm thinking that Gutters in my house would be a fantastic idea. I am so thankful my parents are so close by and my daddy will get out of his chair at 10pm to come help me clean out a closet full of CRAP.....but hey...we found my parents card table I had convinced myself I didnt have. hahahaha :)

xoxo
Tay