Friday, January 9, 2009

.....Countyourblessings.....

So a few sad things have happened this week....none of which have directly effect me, but I feel like I should write about it.

In July, a woman, Bethy Shelby, that my dad teaches with at North Central was plagued with the sad news that the son she was carrying had a disease called Trisomy 13. Trisomy 13 Syndrome is a rare chromosomal disorder in which all or a portion of chromosome 13 appears three times (trisomy) rather than twice in cells of the body. Some people claim that any child born with Trisomy 13 is "incompatiable with life." The majority of children born with this do not live past their 1st birthday. Well on Sunday January 4th Beth and Aaron Shelbys (www.shelbyfamily09.blogspot.com) little boy Jeremiah Parker was born and passed away a little over an hour after being born.
At some point during the school year my parents received a letter in the mail from Beth and Aaron stating their situation, and in it included the web address to their blog. It is an amazing blog, full of spirit and awesome amounts of faith. I dont know how they are making it through, but they are amazing people. On their blog they are taking donations to help with the funeral expenses of Jeremy, and for donations to the Trisomy 13 foundation. They are such amazing people....please keep them in your prayers!!


The other sad story...is that on Saturday I heard of a bad car accident that happened in Fishers. It involved a family that I knew of, but not personally. A young man, 20, Parker LaCross of Fishers was in this horrible accident resulting in his death. His little sister Taylor, is in Morgans class, and is also best friends with Zachs younger cousin, Karly. Their mother is a teacher in the HSE school district...So most people around here know of them. . .and regardless hearing these stories just make my heart break. I hate to sound selfish, but it just takes me back to 6 years ago, and Bryce dying...and being there to basically witness it. It breaks my heart because I know what they are feeling, and even though I can relate to every emotion, there is still not one comforting word to say to them. I just hope and pray that they take things one day at a time, and cry for 5 days straight if thats what they need to do.

Hearing these sad stories just make me count my blessings in life. It is pathetic that it takes things like this to happen for me to open my eyes and thank god for what I have, but whatever the case..I'm defintely thankful for everything in my life. You should be too.


....count your blessings....

xoxo
Tay