Monday, January 19, 2009

::you probably dont want to miss this::

Sooo...the little mans room is about...hmm..90% done. I just have a few little things here and there to get in there and finish. Sarah (a friend from our NC "family") and I were chatting a few weeks ago and I found out that she is like the crafiest lady EVERRRRR. (We called her Martha Stewart all day) She came over yesterda and we went to Target and walmart, found some things, and I put her to work. I am soooo thankful for Sarahs time, and creativity!! Mom, Steph(and Carter), and Aunt Kari also came and helped! Nana had the flu and had to sit this decorating party out! :( While Mom, Sarah and Aunt Kari worked on the room, steph and I went (back) to Target and got a mattress and a few other things! Carter tried out the mattress and decided he LOVED it....slept for like 30 minutes :) it was adorable! I decided to not do the little guys room in a specific "theme"....such as tractors, or sports, or fish, animals..or whatever. When he is older and decides what he likes, we can just redo it! So I tried to keep it a bit neutral. I mean, I know it has a theme kinda, but I was too afraid to do a basketball room and he not like basketball or something like that. ha! SO whatever, thats why I decided on such a "theme." So here are pictures of the "pretty much done" nursery. and for those of you that don't already know his name....It is obvious what it is in the pictures so I shall tell you...

Elijah Brycen Landis.

We will most likely call him Eli for short. I call him Eli-Eli-O, already. hehehe. (and yes....he is taking Zachs last name..for those of you who were wondering. I know that it was a pondering question for some.....that is now answered. so there!) That is the name we have had since around maybe...week 22 or so...I had a moment where I was questioning it, but it is just perfect for us. I love it. and I don't care what you think ::smiles!!!::

and PLEASE excuse these pictures being completely out of order. I had some serious issues with putting these pictures up for some reason. and became very frustrated....so deal with it! :) thanks!


This is where my rocking chair and
cradle will go.





The wall art in Elis bathroom. It keeps pealing off..angry face.





Awesome picture frame from Target that Sarah fixed up.


Carter testing out Elis crib! :)


Mom and Sarah working on the bathroom!


Our baby Eli's room!! :)



So there you have it! There is the "Little Mans" room! When everything is in there I will take more pictures! I hope to get a rocking chair (eventually) of some sort and my mom is letting me put a cradle that we have had forrreever in his room too! :) The bassinett is in my room and ready for him when he is! :)
I have been having small little contractions (i think) here and there. I get so nervous thinking I will have no idea when its time....although I hear I will know. I just feel crampy and weird. I'm getting nervous! Yikes!
And I'll leave you with this... My dads team (THE Marion County Champions..might I add) played at Southport this weekend for the Marion County title. And this was the sign outside of the school...weird? I find it to be extremely odd...

Photobucket
like people have been riding their Ponies to school? really though?



Thank you sooo much, again, to Mom, Aunt Kari, Hannah, Payton, Sarah, Steph and Amanda for help with Elijahs room! :) I couldn't have done it at all without you!
xoxo
Tay