Wednesday, January 21, 2009

luckydog

SO. If you know me, you know that I can tend to be a bit of a procrastinator. . .in fact, I'm really good at it--so I like to think!

Story: On my 25th birthday I completely spaced the fact that I was supposed to get my license renewed..."no big deal, I'll just go tomorrow"...is what I thought. Well tomorrow turned into the next day and the next day turned into "I'll get it done eventually." Now, considering I could have a child anyday, I figured I should probably get this done, so little Elijah doesnt see his mom carted away b/c she is an idiot and was too lazy to go to the license branch.

This morning I woke up and felt motivated to get stuff done....finally! So I called the license branch and talked to this lady and told her I was stupid and had an expired license..she laughed...then told me (while still laughing) if it was over 6 months from the expiration date of my license I was going to have to retake the written test: panic attack...NOW. It has been 6 months...almost to the day. I hung up and text Zach freaking out. He text me back and said "Well go do it now, missy. We don't need Eli telling people his mommy doesn't have a license." hahahaha! (I should NOT BE LAUGHING! I know.)

So I got there, and she told me I had just made it by 8 days (6 months from my birthday is January 29th)...so I didnt have to take the test. Thank you JESUS!
I had to pay $26. And because of the new rules, when they took my picture (which they had to take a few times, b/c I have a big head and they couldnt get it to fit in the box perfectly. hahahaha. ridiculous!) I had to take off my glasses and I could "kinda" smile, but I wasn't allowed to show my teeth. The lady next to me, also getting her picture taken, kept blinking and they couldnt get her in the picture box b/c she was too short....we were laughing so hard, it was hard not to show our teeth. Stupid rules! They are just sucking the fun right out of world by not letting us show our pearly whites for the coppers who pull us over! :) The nerve!


And just let me add...it made me angry sitting there listening to how much people had to pay for plates and titles and other stuff. Some guy had to pay over $500! It just made me so mad! I was thinking, but refrained from saying....Why do I have to pay YOU, $500 when I just bought a $20-$30,000 car, to drive on the roads that I already pay taxes to help keep chuckholes out of, that you cant even fix! Just a pregnant rant. Thanks I'm done. ::smiles::

On a lighter note...I've been having contractions....far and in between (about every 20 or 30 minutes), but they are there! We go to the Dr. tmw again...for another Ultrasound to check on Elijahs bladder, and to see if I've made any more progress. Lets hope. I'm feeling pretty fracking miserable.

xoxo
Tay

p.s.yesterday was pretty awesome watching history made. People are beyond excited, or talking smack about how he won't be able to do it....but all I have to say is...Mr. President you have your work cut out for you...but I have faith :)