Thursday, October 16, 2008

hiphiphorray

So I went to the doctor yesterday, for my monthly checkup. I had to wait a little while longer than usual, and then they told me why...the patient before me was in for her weekly checkup and her WATER BROKE!!! Yikes! So after all of that commotion, I did the usual --pee in a cup, weigh yourself, want to die after you get off the scale, blood pressure, any questions--, routine. So I was aware of the weight gain that was about to happen, I do feel like a beached whale, and my belly just gets bigger and bigger everyday. ::frowns:: I keep telling myself its a beautiful thing, some women can't get pregnant, so I need to quit my whining. But I "gained" 5 more lbs, which puts me exactly at my prepregnancy weight. So welcome to the world of me about to get huge. I can feel it...but lets pray I'm wrong.

My blood pressure was also high AGAIN. It was 140/80....goodness gracious. I have never in my life had a high blood pressure. My bp is usually pretty low..and always great. So after the questions part and my exam (love it) they made me lay in the room alone, on my left side, for 5 minutes, and then she came back in and took it again, I was 120/62....which that is better, but still so much higher than usual. I asked her all kinds of questions about that, and if there was anything I could do to change that and she said not really, if its going to happen its going to happen. So even though that is so frustrating, I at least know I'm not doing anything to cause it.

I saw the Nurse Practioner again (who I actually like better than my doctor...whatever ,right?...) and love her. Little mans heart rate was 153bpm. He had the hiccups while she was doing it, so it was like his little heart was just jumping everywhere. It was so cute, we got a kick out of it! She read me the entire report from my ultrasound, so that was great, it definitely helped lift some of my anxiety that I have been having. She also told me that Little Man's head is down already..so what I thought was feet, is his head and hands. Now, she told me that it could be possible that he has turned since then, but she felt me and told me she was pretty sure it was his head down there, resting on my HIPbone, which definitely explains the terrible hip pain I've been having on my left side and down my leg. (which i thought was stretching, but really he is just making a little fort for himself ion my hip ::smiles::) It makes me feel better thought to know where he is! :) She also told me that they moved my due date up a few days, which isn't a big deal...HOWEVER..in a way it is, b/c its further away from the number 13 (she moved me from the 9th to the 6th). I have a huge issue with the number 13, so it made me feel a little better. hahaha. I'm weird, I'm aware of this.
Sleeping just keeps getting worse and worse for me. I cannot get comfortable. But whatever I guess....tis life.

So I have decided after already sending a picture of my beastly belly to Audra and Nicole, that I am going to post my picture on here. I know I said I wasn't going to do it, but I keep telling myself that its a blessing that I am even pregnant...so I might as well flaunt it. I dont know how many you will see, but here is one for now, for those of you that don't get to see me on a regular basis. One thing I can tell you is that you will NEVER see a BARE belly picture, thats just foul. So here is my fuzzy belly picture. Its from my phone b/c my camera was at work, so I didnt have it at the moment. So this is me at 23.5 weeks....with a beast of belly :) In fact my dad saw me the other day and said "Jesus, you are pregnant" Thanks daddy...you always knew the perfect things to say to me. hahaha.

Photobucket

So there it is. Keep your comments to yourself. hahaha.

And lastly the name game:
Zach and I have been talking a lot about the name the last couple days. Because as usual, I am having 2nd thoughts. But I decided I need to shut up, b/c I'm being silly about it. It just makes me nervous, b/c you have to make sure no one will make fun of him for the name, and you have to make sure that its a strong enough name for a grown man, not just a cute one for a little boy. But I think that it is settled and it isn't moving. I feel a lot better about it :) and no...I'm still not telling you today. Thanks for trying. :)

xoxox