Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rainy Day

So after leaving the doctors office yesterday I stopped to get some lovely lunch, then headed home. I walked into the door to hear a terrible noise......it was RAINING IN MY KITCHEN. But the funny thing is, I live in a 2 story, therefore, this was not possible. So I RAN upstairs, checked my bathroom, it was fine. Checked the water heater and air conditioner....they were fine. Checked Annettes (the roomay...she was at work) room...and found a disaster. Her toilet was overflowing and there was about 1 or 2 inches of standing water in her bathroom, and it had leaked under the carpet into a small portion of her bedroom floor. I had no idea what to do. I called my mom freaking out, she called my dad, we all freaked out. I called the maintenance company and they so rudely told me that it wasn't their problem, but "we have a great dry wall painter when you need him." (ANGRYFACE) So I turned the water off walked downstairs, and cried a lot. My ceiling in my kitchen started to sag a little and all I was thinking was, this is going to cost so much money....soo much money. So I climb my pregnant behind up on the counter and try to stop the raining (and I am NOT exaggerating, there was water coming out of 2 of the light fixtures as if they were faucets turned on full blast..) I didnt have enough towels for her bathroom, and the kitchen, so I had to grab sheets. (I consider myself pretty crafty, I suppose...haha) I ran out to the garage to see if I could find a bucket, and I couldnt see one, so as soon as I am about to pull the trashcan into the house, I see a bucket that we always used for partys for people to put cigarettes in it, when Zach lived with me. So I got that nasty thing and it just started filling up. Needless to say, I was having the freak out, while Manning thought it was so much fun that he had a kitchen floor as a drinking bowl. haha.
Finally my mom got ahold of my home warranty place and they said that is something that was covered..IF IT WAS A PIPE BURST, and mind you at the time, we didnt know what it was, we just needed to make sure the ceiling didn't collapse. So I sat and waited for 5 hours for a plumber to come (Mom and Payton came to sit with me and Manning for a while and to try to vaccuum up the water in Annettes carpet. He got there and decided he had to cut a hole in my kitchen ceiling to get the rest of the water out. Then he had to cut a bigger hole to see what the problem was...and wouldn't you know, it wasn't a pipe, something had clogged Annettes toilet. He thought maybe something that had fallen off of the back of it...a hair clip, deodorant...we have no effing clue. But now we have to have the entire ceiling fixed b/c of the water damage. YUCKY. and we have a gorgeous hole in our kitchen ceiling.....it really gives it a special touch ::smiles::

It was chaotic, and so stressful, but after thinking about it all last night, it definitely could have been worse!! No one was hurt and the ceiling didn't come crashing in. We can still both shower in each of our bathrooms and we aren't going to fall into the refrigerator..teehee. Thank God for that! :)

Heres a fun picture of the hole. . .its not so bad. . .considering what it could have been!

Photobucket