Friday, February 6, 2009

correction.. get the white out

Ok... so I am going to change something. Everything happened so fast and I was getting text messages from 2:00 am until 5:00 am pretty constantly (thankfully). And when Debbie text me she had written "water broke at 2, epi at 2:55" so I figured that was what happened. I think Debbie forgot to put a 1 in front of the 2 and really her water broke at about 12:30ish. Taylor said they got to the hospital about 1:15 and she was at 4 cm. Then about 45 minutes later she felt tons of pressure and had them check her again and she was at 6 cm. She got the epidural and said after that she was at 8 and then within 10 minutes or so she was at 10 cm. The cord was wrapped around Eli's neck one time and the doctor was concerned with his heart beat so they made her wear oxygen. And if you know Taylor she hates anything on her face (minus makeup) and was driving her crazy. She only pushed for like 25 minutes and Eli was out. The cord was fine once the baby was out, just a little scary while he was still inside.

So all in all, she wasn't in labor for 2 hours, or whatever, she was in labor for about 4 hours. Still same difference right? LOL, she was lucky. I had 16 hours, others have had more. I think she lucked out with only 4. I guess if you are going to do it, you gotta do it right! :)

But I hope you like the correction. I'm going to visit her here soon. Eli got circ'd this morning and is doing great. She got some sleep last night, yay!

Love you, Steph