Monday, February 16, 2009

Multitasking....

So we have been home for almost a week, and I am definitely learning how to multitask! Right now I have Eli in my lap, the dog at my feet...(yes he's on the couch too.) and zach at the end of the couch talking to me :) We have had so many visitors and even went down to Zachs on Sunday and had more visitors!! Elijah does well and loves everyone!! :)
We are all doing well. Eli is doing well....trying to learn his days from nights. He sleeps alright at night, its always a guessing game. We have had a few baaad nights, but he is totally worth it :) Sometimes he will sleep for 3 hours at a time, and other times he will wake up and stay up...like this morning, he woke up at 5:30am and didnt really go back to sleep until 2:30pm. I am tiiiired...but like I said he is worth it. Its just hard to figure out when to do the laundry, do the dishes, vaccuum, clean, when to do the thank yous (I swear you will get one before Eli turns 12.)....its crazy!!! My mom has been coming over whenever she can (almost everyday!) and it gives me time to do things...she even helped me give eli is first bath tonight!! He HATED it at first, but once he realized we werent trying to drown him, he loved it. It really seemed to calm him.
Zach is back to work this week full time...so that leaves me and Eli at home by ourselves. Today was the first morning without Z. . .taking a shower and getting ready was tricky. haha. (and yes...i did get ready....always, even though I didnt get anywhere...it just makes me feel better! :) )But the bouncy seat on the bathroom floor worked out well!!
We took him to the Dr on Friday and he already weighs 6lbs 10.5oz and received a clean bill of health!! Community North NICU sent his test results over from the last time we were there for his follow up appt and his levels were at 7.2!!! So we are so happy about it! He's our growing boy.
Zach and I love to just watch him and all of the funny faces that he makes. He is hilarious. Manning loves him too...he has to make sure he is ok at all times. :)
I'm doing alright....if you care. hahaha. I know Eli is the main focus of everyones attention! But I feel like we were so prepared for the arrival of Eli...but no one tells you what happens to you, as a woman, after you have a baby...your hormones fly backwards at about 1,000,000 mph. I spend a lot of time crying. . .good tears, and overwhelming tears, and tears b/c I'm crying and can't stop..pathetic, I know. hahaha. Poooooor poooor Zach. He has been great though, even though I'm sure he thinks I'm certifiably crazy, he does and says everything he can to make me feel better. I'm thankful. I feel a little better as the days go on, but its amazing how many emotions go flying through your mind and body after having a baby. But again, this little guy is totally worth it.
Here are a few pictures. Hope all is well!! Thanks for all the visitors....come by anytime!
My favorite picture!

Photobucket



snug as a bug in a rug
Photobucket

Photobucket

He is such an amazing Daddy.
Photobucket

a giant football :) so funny
Photobucket

cousins Danielle and Hannah with Eli
Photobucket

Nana, Me, Eli and Mom.
Photobucket

His shirt says "I might be little but I'm tough" and he is screaming....hahahahaha. angry face!
Photobucket

We finally got Cam to hold Eli
Photobucket

Zachs Dad.."Papa T", Zach, Eli, and Zachs Grandpa..Grandpa Lake.
Photobucket

Eli's first real bath!!!
Photobucket
So relaxed!
Photobucket

our "hunk" making faces for the camera!
Photobucket

Mr. Elijah is stirring....I do suppose its about that time. I hope everyone is doing well!
xoxo
Tay