Monday, February 9, 2009

Eli Eli OOOOOO

*To warn you...I'm very sleepy, so this is going to be shorter than you want, and some of it may not make perfect sense...ha.*

I apologize for the delay in updating, its been insane, and last night(sunday night, into monday morning) we had a STUPID nurse that we had to yell at twice, and she really stressed me out, and I didnt get much sleep at all.

But anyways....

Eli is doing great as of right now. We talked to the dr today and he told us that there was a 50/50 chance that he could go home tomorrow (Tuesday). We are hoping for at least Wednesday.....we dont want to get our hopes up. They have to make sure his levels are staying low (at 6am Monday morning he was at a 14.6.) They took 2 of his lights away, so now he is under one light and his "Bili Blanket" which is another light blanket thing that he lays on. He is still in the incubator, but they took out his feeding tube and have started weaning him off of his IV of fluids, which we are hoping he comes off of completely tomorrow. We are allowed to take him out to feed him every 3 hours! :) They have to make sure that his Bili level is down and that he can hold a temperature, for him to be able to go home.

It is so amazing to be able to hold him after not being able to, and just staring at him while he is laying in the little incubator. He just overwhelms me with soooo many emotions, happiness and fear, just to name 2. But I know that I love everything about him...his hair, his wide little feet, the little mole tag on his ear, his big hands and long fingers, his poopy diapers, his horse voice when he gets to crying so loud he can't make noise anymore...etc. He is the best.

Zach is doing great and I thank God for that. He has been my strength. My hormones are all over the place and I am extremely emotional and cry a lot...sometimes for a reason, and sometimes for no reason.My body hurts (among other things) and I complain about it a lot. He really helps me and doesnt look at me like the crazy woman I am portraying. I think he has changed for the better. And he is a better dad than I could EVER imagine. He's awesome, me and Eli are awfully lucky. I can't even explain to you how I feel but I know that I hope that I am not like this forever...its rather frustrating at times. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster....mom tells me its normal, especially after what we are going through.

We are still working on the nursing situation, since they have "cleared" us of giving him breastmilk. He really favors one side over the other, and we both get really really frustrated. It is something that is so incredibly important to me, that I cry everytime he gets upset and won't "take." They say that it will get easier, and I sure hope they are right, b/c like I said, it is very important to me...for so many reasons.


Anyways...I am sorry, again for the delay, but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for your prayers. It is obvious that prayer works. God is good. Lets hope this little guy gets to come home with us soon.


xoxo

Tay