Thursday, February 5, 2009

He's Here!!!

I have the most amazing best friend. Hi all, this is Stephanie posting on Taylor's blog. I just wanted to tell everyone that Elijah Brycen Landis granted us his presence FINALLY this morning! After waiting and waiting and some more waiting, he decided today was a great day to come! Taylor's water broke at 2:00 am this morning and was at the hospital in no time. She got her Epidural around 2:55 and at 4:25 am a beautiful baby boy was born. He weighed in at 6 lbs 6 oz and 19.5 inches long. Zach and Taylor sent me a picture and I can't wait to get my hands on him. Carter is so excited to meet his best friend, so excited he is exhausted from all the texting we were doing between 2:30 and 5:30 this morning.

Taylor is doing well and I am so proud to call her my best friend. She is a strong woman and I can't imagine how labor for only 2 hours would feel, must have been intense. I just want to remind you that she is super overwhelmed and is so grateful for everyone's support but she still wants to keep the visitors to a minimum for now. The hospital room isn't too big and it will be too crowded if everyone goes. I think she just wants to keep it to immediate/close family.

Let her have a few hours of sleep then maybe you can call or text her and see how she is feeling. He is amazing (from what I saw) and I will post so many pictures as soon as I get there and back here! Keep her in your prayers and pray for her strength and sanity because as most of you know, newborns can keep you busy!

I'll post more later! Love Steph