Wednesday, February 11, 2009

.home.sweet.home.

So we are finally home. Yesterday morning Eli's level went all the way down to 8.7. They took him out of his incubator, and took all the lights away, but still kept him on his bili blanket (the blue light up blankey you will see...) They had to make sure he could maintain his temp out of the incubator, and we were able to leave!!! I was happy as could be but a little overwhelmed and stressed out about it all. My first thought was...when he starts screaming at home, there is no "nurse button" to push...there is no one there to help me to get him to nurse...there is no asking the nurse for help...and there is no more of the Dr. being on hand to tell us what is going on---we are offically on our own. I cried sooo much yesterday...good tears and bad tears. I'm just fearful of the unknown.
He had a pretty good first night home. Steph and Corey came over ...along with Mr. Carter (Elis best friend..they have no choice..so i sure do hope they like each other. hahaha) and made us a wonderful dinner. It was so nice to have them there with us...or with me at least. Zachs parents came by , and my dad stopped by for like 20 minutes. It wasn't too bad.
He slept ok waking up every 3 hours...but I didn't sleep well at all!! I have him in a bassinett right next to me, and every little noise he made, I was freaking out..checking on him to make sure he was ok, not breathing or puking (he looooves to spit up.). He nursed really well this morning at 4:30! It is hard to know how much he is getting though!!
We went back to the hospital today for another check of his levels. The nurse said she would call if anything bad came back, and we got no call!!!!!!!!!! We go meet Eli's Dr. on Friday morning.

Here are some pictures.

First carseat ride.
Photobucket

Leaving the hospital.
Photobucket

Photobucket

with his "bili blanket."
Photobucket
MiMi visiting before we got to go home.
Photobucket

Photobucket
His little going home outfit. It was the first time he got to wear clothes!!
Photobucket

The room....we are never going back!
Photobucket

Daddy and Eli.
Photobucket

in his swing today..we just wanted to see what he looked like in it. he liked it, he told me :)
Photobucket

Thanks again for all of your prayers. God is good :)
Home Sweet Home

xoxo
Tay