Friday, February 6, 2009

I'm a Mommy :)

Wow.


That is basically the only word I have to describe the way I (and Zach too) feel. I am so overwhelmed with emotion. I was SO nervous about giving birth...about how I was going to do, how Z was going to react, how Eli was going to look....and everything was amazing (minus the fact that yes, b/c everything happened SOOOO fast...I do have 15 or so stitches...and yes...I know you didn't ask for that information, but I dont care. ha!). I will type the birth story if you want to know it :) But if you dont want to read it, thats ok too! :) I will not be offended!!


First before the birth story, just a bit of an update I will tell you our little Eli is in the NICU. He has a pretty bad case of Jaundice. He has been up there since this afternoon around 3, and has to stay there until he gets better....its been really hard. His levels are continuing to go up so he may not be able to go home tomorrow. We understand that jaundice is very common in babies, and that it is easily cured, but it is so sad to not have him in the room with us. We can go up and see him at anytime, he is in a private room, so that is super nice. He even gets to wear these nifty little goggles. He doesn't mind them :) I have to go up every 3 hours to feed him, but they also have to supplement with formula to help rid the jaundice. Zach is right there with me to give him his bottle after we (attempt) at the breastfeeding deal! Zach is a better Daddy than I could have ever imagined he would be. I feel so lucky! He is awesome and will be just fine! Just pray for us that he gets well quickly! :)

Our little Eli under his lights.
Photobucket



Birth Story...
that you dont already know thanks to steph..the bestest friend ever!....I will "try " to make this short and sweet!

I went to the Dr. on Wednesday morning at 10am, and was dilated at 3.5 cm and about 75% effaced...with an appt to be induced on Monday. I had given up all hope and decided I was just going to have to be induced. ha! BOY was I wrong! Mr. Eli had another idea. I went to my parents later...had dinner...went home....Zach came over....and at 12:30am we were laying in bed, JUST falling asleep and I felt a weird tickle like sensation and POP.........my water broke. It was the most indescribable, weirdest feeling ever. We got up got my things together, called our parents, called the Dr, took care of Manning and headed out the door. I had 3 contractions at my house before we left (they didnt come on the second my water broke) and they were about 3 minutes apart. Once we got in the truck they were coming fast and A LOT stronger. Zach was awesome and stayed really calm which helped me because we all know how dramatic I can be. (YES...I can admit this! haha) Zach dropped me off, I walked in and he met me inside after he parked. We headed up to the maternity floor, and they met me there---"are you the one whose water exploded in bed?" hahaha. (apparently thats what I told them on the phone, I dont remember I was a bit freaked out) I was checked and was at 4cm, then quickly at 6cm, then I got my epidural, once that kicked in I was goooooood to go. But before and during them giving me the epidural, my contractions were about 30 to 45 seconds apart...lasting for 20 seconds or so, so I was getting like 10 to 15 seconds to breathe in between contractions. I remember blacking out at certain points...it was wicked! I thought I had a high pain tolerance and boy was I wrong!!!!! It was the worst pain I have ever felt in my entire life. HOWEVER I can tell you, that with the amazing amounts of pain I was in, was completely worth it when I got to see the most amazing little boy I have ever seen. (and he is still worth it even though I feel as though I have been literally kicked in the ass by about 25 horses one by one! haha) . They had to use the vaccuum to get him out, which I guess had a bit to do with him developing jaundice. That was scary when she had to get the vaccuum out...Zach said it looked like a brake bleeder? I have no freaking clue what that is..all i know is he is here, and he is amazing. I think that Steph blogged about the rest for me.....and you saw that things progressed super duper fast!

Mom and Zach were in the room with me and they were awesome. They were (once again) calm and so helpful. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. He is awesome, and so dang cute. He is so tiny, and has the cutest little mouth I have ever seen.

I will blog more later, but I can't believe that I am a mommy. Lifes been crazy.....and look what God gave me, a son...Elijah Brycen Landis.

We will be home eventually..depending on when the Dr wants to send us, when Eli gets better....please give us a call and see about the visiting situation. We appreciate all of your calls/texts/visits, and can't wait for everyone to see him, but we know that we are going to be a bit overwhlemed and will probably be at my house and Zachs house...so we dont want you to come to one of our houses, and find no one home!!

Thanks for your love and support and all the phone calls and texts! We are so thankful!!



xoxo

Tay

and yes...i am in the hospital typing this :) Stephanie....again is awesome and came today and brought her computer, knowing since Eli wasn't going to be in here all the time that we would have some extra time on our hands! So feel lucky, that Steph is my bestie. haha!